If you have been accused of or charged with a crime in Colorado, you may be facing significant penalties. A conviction could mean months or years of jail time, probation, and thousands of dollars in fines. It also comes with a stigma that can drastically impact your employment opportunities, family life, and future.
You need an experienced attorney on your side to protect your freedom and your reputation.
At the Chadderdon Law Firm we understand the devastating impact a criminal conviction can have on your life. We will do everything in our power to get the charges against you reduced or even dismissed so that you can move forward with your life.
Call today so that we may begin building a defense on your behalf.
Why Choose the Chadderdon Law Firm?
- Lead attorney Susan Chadderdon is a former prosecutor and has a deep understanding of how the state approaches and prosecutes cases. This allows her to build strong defenses for her clients and anticipate what evidence and accusations the other side may bring.
- Susan is a fierce trial attorney and is always ready to go to trial on behalf of her clients.
- We understand that people make mistakes, but you deserve the highest quality legal reputation when your liberty is at stake.
- We care about our clients. We’ve seen first hand the devastation that the criminal justice system can bring on people’s lives. This drives us to work tirelessly for our clients and fight for the best possible outcome.
How Can a Criminal Defense Attorney Help?
Facing criminal charges is not something most people are accustomed to. Your life and liberty is, quite literally, on the line and it can be a harrowing and frustrating experience. Having an experienced criminal defense attorney representing you can make all the difference. Your attorney can help in many ways.
- A full understanding of the criminal justice system. Criminal law is extremely complex. There are significant differences in laws from state to state and even jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Your attorney will help you navigate those complexities, make sense of the charges against you, and help you through the entire process.
- Building your defense. The most important part of a criminal defense attorney’s job is building a defense for their clients. In some cases, a strong defense can lead to full dismissal or acquittal of charges. In others, it can lead to significantly reduced penalties such as jail time or fines.
- Negotiation. Especially in cases where dismissal is not possible, strong negotiation skills are extremely important in reducing the impact a potential conviction has on your life.
Private Attorney vs. Public Defender
In criminal cases, you have the option of choosing a public defender to represent you. While there are many very good public defenders in Colorado, the reality is they are very often saddled with a heavy caseload. For this reason, they are not typically able to devote the time and attention to cases that a private attorney can. Private attorneys can limit the number of cases they take, allowing them to be fully invested in each and every client they represent.
Call Today For a Free Consultation
If you are facing criminal charges in Colorado, you need legal representation as soon as possible. Call (719) 299-3599 for a free and confidential case evaluation. If you retain our services, we will evaluate your situation and get to work immediately to protect your liberty.